Activity 5: Website

For my website I wanted an easy to use and stylish layout that used the colours of the logo and showed the relaxed and welcoming nature of Honolulu. These images I found online used those design elements so I used them as inspiration for my site.

Here is my nav bar which colour codes each page with a colour bar under each button.

I have a large image slideshow that alternates as you watch the site or if you click the little green circles. I have a dissolving quote slideshow at the top of the page to inform and promote the city. I also have a search bar and social network buttons to allow the user to easily keep up with what is going on and for them to find everything they need to know.

I felt that the logo needed to be more of a focal point so to make it bigger I applied a white circle behind the logo to allow it to sit in front of the image slideshow.

I then put in some information boxes which draws people to scroll down the page.

Mobile and tablet view...
I simply put the nav bar on two rows and changed the placement of some of the elements as I didn't want to change the content of the site very much.



Again, to appear more professional we were to apply the designs to a mock up in Photoshop - here is the original...

Here I have applied my homepage design to a laptop, mac book, tablet and mobile to show how the view changes across platforms.

However, my teacher gave some feedback to give the page a margin that changes to suit the screen size so that the size of the content never has to change on any computer. So I applied my pattern (which also helps to continue my brand identity across all outcomes)

Moving onto my other pages for the website - I made the 'Community' page. Here is about the people so I have used images that show a community and the good that the people of Honolulu do.

Next, I made the 'Information' page which I have displayed train and tide times.

I spent a long time altering the photoshop mock up so that it would allow me to show the two other web pages on the same mock up.